Professional Practice Technical Challenges
Craneofacial Development Versus Oral Motor Functioning - online course
October 4th 2021 - October 23rd 2021
Margarida Grilo (Speech and Language Therapist, MSc)
This online course integrates knowledge from areas of dental medical sciences and sciences of speech and language therapy, essential to (i) integrate craniofacial development with orofacial structures functioning, (ii) understand reciprocity between skeletal and oral motor disorders, (iii) discuss the timing and cost benefit of improving morphofunctional assessment and (iv) know interaction between functional orthodontics and speech and language therapy.
Doctors, Nurses, Nutritionists, Psychologists and Technicians of Diagnostic and Therapy with specific interest in this area.
LEARNING OBJECTIVES >> KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS TO DEVELOP
- To know and discuss the craniofacial developmental process
- To develop knowledge about epidemiological data related to development and craniofacial functioning
- To analyse and discuss different types of dental malocclusion
- To analyse and discuss the importance of orthopaedic-orthodontic to promote craniofacial development
- To discuss nasal flow impact in craniofacial developmental and in oral motor functioning
- To know and describe criteria of oral motor assessment
- To know and discuss diagnosis of oral motor disorders and comorbidities; differential diagnosis
- To justify clinical decisions and its cost/benefit by different means
- CV with academic background in the mentioned specialties