AHED is strongly committed to respecting the privacy and protection of the personal data of its students and all those who visit and use its website.
1. Who we are
Your personal data will be processed by the LHEA - Association for Livelong Health Education, legal person No. 515467626, headquartered at Rua Manuel Joaquim Avelar, 118, Floor 2, 2750-421, Cascais (hereinafter, “AHED”).
AHED is the controller of the personal data, within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April).
2. What information do we collect?
AHED collects some of your personal information, including your name, email address, telephone number, date of birth, address, nationality and taxpayer number.
Your payment details will also be collected, though paid through a service outside of AHED.
3. For what purposes do we process your data?
AHED will process your data for the following purposes:
• Evaluation of potential student applications against the specific entry requirements of each course;
• Course registration;
• Sending commercial communications about courses and initiatives to be developed by AHED;
• Response to requests for information and clarifications received by AHED.
4. How long do we keep your data?
Your personal data will only be kept for the necessary period, until the purpose underlying its collection is met.
5. Will your data be shared with third parties?
Your personal data may be communicated to third party AHED service providers. In any event, these subcontractors will be provided only with the personal data that are necessary for the provision of the services in question.
Your personal data may also be accessed by auditors outside of AHED, ensuring that they will be kept confidential and not used for purposes other than audits.
Your personal data will only be processed within the space of the European Union.
6. What are your rights?
At any time, you can request:
• Access to personal data we hold about you;
• Data rectification if inaccurate or incomplete;
• Deletion or limitation of the processing of your personal data;
• If the processing depends on your consent or agreement and is done by automated means, you are entitled to receive previously provided personal data in a structured, commonly used and in a computer-readable format.
Your requests will be handled with special care so that we can ensure the effectiveness of your rights. You may be required to provide proof of your identity to ensure that the sharing of personal data is only with the respective holder.
Please note that in certain cases (for example, due to legal requirements) your request may not be immediately fulfilled. In any case, you shall be informed of the measures taken within one month from the time the request is made.
You also have the right to file a complaint with the National Data Protection Commission (CNPD).
7. Can you later revoke the consent given?
If consent is required for the processing of personal data, the data subject has the right to withdraw consent at any time, although this right does not compromise the lawfulness of the processing on the basis of prior consent or the further processing thereof provided which is based on another ground of processing provided for by law.
If you wish to withdraw your consent, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Data Protection Officer
AHED has appointed a Data Protection Officer. You can contact him at email@example.com
9. Have any questions?
If you have any questions regarding the processing of your personal data, or wish to exercise any of your rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: October 2019