Multiprofessional Care Integration Challenges
An Integrated Approach
July 6th 2020 - July 10th 2020
Miguel Viana Baptista (MD, PhD)
THIS COURSE IS SOLD OUT
A dedicated one week stroke course, designed for physicians interested in stroke care, as well as those looking for a general approach to cerebrovascular disease.
Faculty includes experts in the field, with previous scientific and teaching experience.
Learning objectives are focused on clinical practice. Nevertheless, controversies and hot topics will also be addressed, from epidemiology to acute stroke treatment and rehabilitation.
The course includes visits to outstanding clinical settings, lectures and theoretical-practical sessions with stroke experts, as well as extended sessions devoted to discussion of clinical cases
hosted by senior neurologists.
Main target audience are physicians: neurology, neuroradiology, internal medicine and general practitioner residents; general interns; specialists looking for refreshment in stroke may also be considered. Other health care professionals such as nurses and physiotherapists may be exceptionally considered but participation is subject to approval.
LEARNING OBJECTIVES >> KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS TO DEVELOP
- Understand the magnitude of stroke in Portugal;
- Recognize the most frequent cinical syndromes and differential diagnosis;
- Manage the patient in the acute seting, as well as understand the therapeutic options, respective clinical scenarios and the role of each healthcare professional;
- Organize a set of etiologic investigations and interprete their results;
- Initiate measures of secondary prevention of stroke according to the cause
- MD Degree (priority)
- Other health care professional degree (subject to approval)