Medical Practice Technical Challenges
Salivary Glands Surgery Hands-on Course
July 1st 2020 - July 3rd 2020
Pedro Sousa (MD) ,
Pedro Alberto Escada (MD, PhD)
THIS COURSE IS SOLD OUT
This hands-on course aims to promote the learning of the surgical techniques, and the development of skills in neck and salivary glands surgical techniques, by allowing attendees to perform all these techniques in cadaver specimens with adequate surgical instruments and under experienced supervision.
The course is focused on the acquisition of skills in both basic and more advanced neck and salivary glands surgical techniques, emphasizing those performed in the otolaryngology head and neck departments and those performed in the emergency room
ENT residents and specialists
LEARNING OBJECTIVES >> KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS TO DEVELOP
- To promote the knowledge of the surgical anatomy of the neck, larynx and salivary glands.
- To train participants with neck and salivary glands surgery tools and equipment.
- To execute, on cadavers and under supervision, the basic and more advanced approaches and procedures in the neck, larynx and salivary glands.
- To accelerate the neck and salivary glands surgery learning curve.
- To promote the translation, to the attendees and their departments, of an efficient, complication free surgical technique.
- Academic background in the mentioned specialties.
- CV and motivation letter